Thursday, August 20, 2009

Ray Comfort answers an often-asked question about God

It would be good to read his answer so you know how to answer this question when it is put to you. (I personally remember Mrs. Junk talking with Mama about this question at Panera Bread!)
“Hi Ray, I have a sincere question: How do you know God is of the Christian variety? Equally devout Muslims disagree. If I'm on the fence, I need a better answer than 'I just KNOW. God has revealed himself to me.'"Good question. The thing that makes Christianity utterly unique is the cross. For it to make sense you have to back up from Jesus to Moses. He was the one who received the Ten Commandments from the hand of God. The Law of Moses was given to reveal God's standard of "righteousness." Now zoom forward about 1500 years to the time of Jesus. He was God in human form who came to earth to "magnify the Law and make it honorable." Keep Reading (outside link)

No comments: